- The Gut Centre
- Why Book With Us
Why Book with Psychologists at The Gut Centre
1. Our clinic has the most experience in treating Brain-Gut Disorders in Australia and we are proud to be the pioneers and leaders in our field.
We are the pioneers in brain-gut psychology (Psychogastroenterology) and have been successfully treating gastrointestinal disorders atThe Gut Centre for over 11 years since 2009. Our Director and Founder, Dr Jim Kantidakis has himself been treating gastrointestinal (GI) patients himself for over 14 years. Dr Kantidakis is well renowned and respected in the field, having the most clinical consulting experience in Australia, in both GI psychology and gut-directed hypnotherapy. Dr Kantidakis has presented at multiple gastroenterology conferences around the world and has worked with leading gastroenterologists, including Prof Michael Kamm at St Vincent’s hospital at Central Melbourne Gastroenterology. Dr Kantidakis also worked for many years alongside Prof Don Cameron in Pediatrics, whilst maintaining close relationships with other leading gastroenterologists around Australia, the UK and USA.
2. We are the largest team of gastrointestinal (GI) psychologists with locations in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane.
Our current team consists of 11 GI psychologists. Online (via Zoom) and Face to Face appointments are available with strict Covid safety precautions in place.
3. We are currently located in:
3. We treat a wide breadth of GI conditions, including IBS, IBD and Coeliac Disease.
We treat a large range of disorders of the GI tract thanks to the extensive training our psychologists receive in a wide breadth of GI conditions provided by Dr Jim Kantidakis. These include but are not limited to:
4. All our Psychologists are professional trained and certified hypnotherapists and are provided GI Psychology training by Dr Kantidakis.
Our dedicated team of gut-directed psychologists are the only psychologists in Melbourne to receive expert gut-directed psychological training from a psychologist with clinical, post-graduate, psychology qualifications (Dr Kantidakis). Our psychologist's are required to undertake a certified Hypnotherapy training course from a registered training organisation in order to be proficient and provide the highest quality of gut-directed hypnotherapy.
5. We achieve great outcomes for our patients
Results speak for themselves. Research supports 70- 80% of patients obtain successful treatment outcomes (closer to 80% at The Gut Centre) reduced symptom severity and an increase in overall quality of life.
5. We have a strong focus on paediatric care.
We also have a strong focus on Paediatrics and treat children as young as 5 years old.
5. We provide a multi-disciplinary and holistic approach to patient care.
We work alongside experienced and highly skilled Gastroenterologists, Paediatricians Dieticians, Pelvic Floor Physiotherapists and other specialists in their fields in Australia.
5. Professionalism and genuine care.
Dedicated to providing our patients with the utmost care in order to provide the best possible treatment outcomes. We are extremely dedicated to helping our patients feel better and reduce the suffering of debilitating GI symptoms. Psychology services you can trust, you can rely on us to work with you and your specific condition and needs, tailoring treatment to you for the best results.